Periodontics is the dental specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of the different stages of gum disease. For more information about periodontics, consider the following:
– Periodontics involves the care of all stages of gum disease, including gingivitis.
– A standard side effect that often occurs in conjunction with periodontal disease is halitosis, also identified as bad breath.
– Periodontics is a division of dental specialists that focus entirely on the periodontal disease commonly identified as gum disease.
– Symptoms of potential periodontal disease include excessive swelling, loose teeth, bleeding gums, and gums withdrawing away from the teeth.
– Periodontists receive an extra three years of advanced study beyond normal dental school.
– Periodontists are also trained for installing and repairing dental implants, including their installations and repair.
For additional help with periodontics, Dr. Catalina Cruz Johnson and our team at Dentists at Memorial Park are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Houston, Texas, please contact us at 713-861-8323 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you soon!